The Network Cafés are a new community-based initiative delivered by staff from the Adult Mental Health Social Work Team. The vision is to offer practical advice and information to people that have experienced mental health problems with support, specific to their social need.
Drop-in session is on Wednesday from 9am – 12noon at Baysgarth Leisure Centre on Brigg Road.
We can offer support and signposting relating to:
- Managing mental health
- Access to adult education or training
- Returning to work or managing mental health in the workplace.
The Network Café also be run educational sessions, which staff book people into via the drop-ins. The sessions running currently in all of the Network Cafes include:
- Living Mindfully – How to introduce Mindfulness to our everyday lives
- Managing Stress
- Money Matters – Setting budgets and sticking to them, managing domestic finances and debts effectively
- Motivate Me – A course about goal setting and maintaining motivation
Please note, we cannot help people complete benefits forms in their entirety, however if people are struggling due to literacy issues, or are in need of some “light touch” support or encouragement with this, we can offer some assistance. For detailed enquiries and support around benefit entitlement please contact the Jobcentre plus on 0844 474 5029
Date reviewed: 2.8.19
Are you looking for work?
Action Station are offering employability support within the Community.
We offer a number of services to enhance your employment prospects and is available to anyone 16 and over.
- Writing a CV or updating your existing CV
- One to one support with job search
- Help with job applications
- Interview techniques
- Accessing training opportunities and education
- Voluntary work
The details of the session times are as follows:
- Every Monday at Crosby Community Association in Scunthorpe from 9am to 12 noon.
- Every Tuesday at Ashby Link in Scunthorpe from 9am to 1pm.
- Every Wednesday at Epworth Community Wellbeing Hub from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- Every Thursday at Baysgarth Leisure Centre from 9am to 12 noon.
For more information or to book an appointment phone 01724 296969 or just come along.
Date reviewed: 17.2.20
Weekly drop in session for anyone who may be experiencing domestic abuse.
Date Reviewed: 14.2.20
Creativities Scunthorpe offers an innovative and outcome focused activities for adults with support needs. Our current client group includes people with Dementia, Autism, Mental Health Needs and Learning Disabilities.
This is a chance to get creative using a variety of different materials, Hand sewing, card making previous projects
has seen us make bags, keyrings and we are always looking for our next challenge.
Every Wednesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm at Unit 4, Suite 2, Park Square on Laneham Street in Scunthorpe.
Date reviewed: 14.2.2020
Social drop-in, Monday to Friday: 9:30am to 12noon at Tea Pot Hall near Civic Hall.
Friendship, fun and laughter, days out, painting classes and games afternoon. Internet access available
Free of charge and free parking.
Contact 01724 847008 for more information.
Date reviewed: 8.8.19
Come along to our Coffee Morning & Parent and Toddler Group.
Themed activities for children aged 0 to 5 years, runs term time only.
For more information contact Inspiring Family Solutions on 07450 189374.
Date reviewed: 8.1.2020
A play session at West Street Children Centre, which celebrates different cultures.
Learn about other cultures and meet other parents.
Experience food tasting and play activities.
A fun, relaxed session and everyone welcome .
Suitable for 0-5 years during term time, older children welcome in the holidays .
Date reviewed: 17.2.20
Come chat, knit and sip tea or coffee!
Every Wednesday from 10am to 12noon.
Date Reviewed: 27.2.20
Sessions held every Wednesday and Friday from 10am to 12 noon.
Sessions are £4 each.
Date reviewed: 24.10.19