Westwoodside Tiny Tots Playgroup is a baby and toddler, non-profit, volunteer group run by local parents:
* The group is a great play and socialising opportunity for little ones, as well as a chance for parents and carers to meet new friends, share parenting tips and receive/provide support
* Each session includes snack time for the children, with plenty of toys and craft material to entertain them. There is also coffee, tea and biscuits for the adults.
* Sessions are 9:15am to 11:15am every Wednesday during term time . Sessions are sometimes held during the school holidays and this information will be updated on our Facebook page.
* Each session is £2 per child. Every additional child (12 months and over) is £1. Children 0-11 months are free with an accompanying paying child .
For more information you can contact Lisa via the Westwoodside Tiny Tots Playgroup Facebook page.
Date reviewed: 13.1.2020
Are you looking for work?
Action Station are offering employability support within the Community.
We offer a number of services to enhance your employment prospects and is available to anyone 16 and over.
- Writing a CV or updating your existing CV
- One to one support with job search
- Help with job applications
- Interview techniques
- Accessing training opportunities and education
- Voluntary work
The details of the session times are as follows:
- Every Monday at Crosby Community Association in Scunthorpe from 9am to 12 noon.
- Every Tuesday at Ashby Link in Scunthorpe from 9am to 1pm.
- Every Wednesday at Epworth Community Wellbeing Hub from 9.30am to 5pm.
- Every Thursday at Baysgarth Leisure Centre from 9am to 12 noon.
For more information or to book an appointment phone 01724 296969 or just come along.
Date reviewed: 9.1.2020
JACK IN A BOX
Jack in a Box is an integral part of the Wesley Memorial Methodist Church in Epworth.
Hosted by church member Louise Howard, it meets in the Church Hall every Wednesday during term time from 10am – 11.30am, providing a friendly and relaxing environment for small children up to the age of 3 and their parents/grandparents, childminders or foster carers to enjoy being together.
There is a wide variety of toys available, both large and small, suitable for all ages. Birthdays are celebrated and a singing/rhymes time is always included.
Seasonally themed and general craft activities are also provided. (We do like to do ‘messy’ things!)
On the first Wednesday of every month,Marilyn brings Fairtrade foods and items to purchase – the shop is open throughout the whole session.
We look forward to seeing you! (£1.50 per family each session).
Date reviewed: 4.10.19
Come and join us at Keadby Children’s Centre for a free lunch and play session.
Takes place every Wednesday from 11.30am to 1pm.
For more information call 01724 296250.
Date Reviewed: 13.12.19
A weekly get together and a cuppa – share your memories with others.
Sessions held every Wednesday from 1pm to 3pm.
Sessions are free of charge, but donations are welcome. Supported by North Lincolnshire Museum.
Date reviewed: 10.1.2020
Gentle Yoga class at Epworth Imperial Hall every Wednesday from 1.15pm to 2.45pm.
Bring something comfortable to lie on and wear loose clothing.
Please contact Lorraine if you want to know more before starting on 01427 873730 or 07808 255085.
Date reviewed: 13.1.2020
Come and join us for a fun and friendly game of Scrabble.
We meet on the Second and Fourth Wednesday of each month from 1.30pm to 3.45pm at Crowle Library.
It is free to attend and tea and coffee is available.
For more information you can contact the hub on 01724 297771.
Date reviewed: 10.1.2020
Westwoodside Social Club meets every Wednesday from 2pm – 4pm at Westwoodside Village Hall.
Costs £2.50 for annual membership and 50p per session.
Activities include raffle, bingo, games, friendship and trips out. New members welcome
For more information contact Sandra.
Date reviewed: 14.08.19
The Isle of Axholme short mat bowling group meetings take place from September to March on Wednesday and Friday at 3.30pm to 5.30pm at Epworth Leisure Centre.
If you already bowl or if you would like to try it out and learn the game, you would be made most welcome by this very friendly group.
Indoor bowls is an enjoyable leisure activity which gives the members a chance to socialise, meet old friends or make new ones. Indoor bowls is suitable for everyone – young and old – male and female. Please note children need to be accompanied by an adult.
First 3 sessions are free then £2 a session and £20 annual membership.
Contact Alan Bull 01427 874158 or email: email@example.com
Date reviewed: 20.8.19
Hall Farm is the home of Farm Club- a place for free range kids!
Here we teach the kids how to take care of the animals, how to grow and prepare their own healthy food, and how a real farm works!
We use hands on experiences, and let the kids lead the way! They have a say in activities, the food we grow, and even the way we decorate the farm.
All the experiences they get here will be great experience for anyone wanting to go in to jobs working in agriculture and/or with animals.
Suitable for children aged 12-16.
Runs term – time only.
Date reviewed: 31.10.19