Reminiscence and Tabletop Games takes place weekly in the Heritage Centre at The Angel in Brigg.
Booking is essential and you can contact Jo or Liz.
Contact Jo on 07717 588199.
Contact Liz on 07717 587591.
Date reviewed: 17.3.2020
Broughton Recreation Field & Sports Hall:
- Scawby Road, Broughton, DN20 0AB.
- Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 April
- 9.00 to 15.30
- Open to ALL from Year 1 up to Year 7.
- Only £22 per day
- Wear sports clothes & bring a pack up with plenty of drinks
Book both days for £40.
The Network Cafés are a new community-based initiative delivered by staff from the Adult Mental Health Social Work Team. The vision is to offer practical advice and information to people that have experienced mental health problems with support, specific to their social need.
Drop-in session is on Wednesday from 9am – 12noon at Baysgarth Leisure Centre on Brigg Road.
We can offer support and signposting relating to:
- Managing mental health
- Access to adult education or training
- Returning to work or managing mental health in the workplace.
The Network Café also be run educational sessions, which staff book people into via the drop-ins. The sessions running currently in all of the Network Cafes include:
- Living Mindfully – How to introduce Mindfulness to our everyday lives
- Managing Stress
- Money Matters – Setting budgets and sticking to them, managing domestic finances and debts effectively
- Motivate Me – A course about goal setting and maintaining motivation
Please note, we cannot help people complete benefits forms in their entirety, however if people are struggling due to literacy issues, or are in need of some “light touch” support or encouragement with this, we can offer some assistance. For detailed enquiries and support around benefit entitlement please contact the Jobcentre plus on 0844 474 5029
Date reviewed: 2.8.19
Are you looking for work?
Action Station are offering employability support within the Community.
We offer a number of services to enhance your employment prospects and is available to anyone 16 and over.
- Writing a CV or updating your existing CV
- One to one support with job search
- Help with job applications
- Interview techniques
- Accessing training opportunities and education
- Voluntary work
The details of the session times are as follows:
- Every Monday at Crosby Community Association in Scunthorpe from 9am to 12 noon.
- Every Tuesday at Ashby Link in Scunthorpe from 9am to 1pm.
- Every Wednesday at Epworth Community Wellbeing Hub from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- Every Thursday at Baysgarth Leisure Centre from 9am to 12 noon.
For more information or to book an appointment phone 01724 296969 or just come along.
Date reviewed: 17.2.20
Part of the Active Ageing programme.
Walking football is a variant of football that is aimed at keeping people aged over 50 involved with football if, due to a lack of mobility or for other reason, they are not able to play the traditional game.
The sport can be played both indoors and outdoors.
Date reviewed: 2.12.19
We offer a warm friendly environment where children can play in comfort and safety. We try our best to provide a learning environment.
We realise how important our group is as it’s the first step for children to learn from before they go into nursery and we hope parents/carers feel relaxed knowing we’re there to give help and support if and when needed.
Children are encouraged to sit at tables when its snack time. At the end of the session, children love helping to tidy away and join circle time of singing action songs.
We finish with small prayer then children collect a small bag of chocolate buttons.
Date reviewed: 27.11.19
Play session for babies & their parents/carers.
Support for your baby’s development.
The Health Team will be available on a regular basis for advice and information.
For more information, please contact your local Children’s Centre.
Date Reviewed: 14.2.20
Weekly drop in session for anyone who may be experiencing domestic abuse.
Date Reviewed: 14.2.20
Yoga sessions that takes place every Wednesday from 9.30am to 11.30am at the CrosbyOne Centre.
For more information contact the centre on 01724 277 757.
Date reviewed: 19.11.19
Creativities Scunthorpe offers an innovative and outcome focused activities for adults with support needs. Our current client group includes people with Dementia, Autism, Mental Health Needs and Learning Disabilities.
This is a chance to get creative using a variety of different materials, Hand sewing, card making previous projects
has seen us make bags, keyrings and we are always looking for our next challenge.
Every Wednesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm at Unit 4, Suite 2, Park Square on Laneham Street in Scunthorpe.
Date reviewed: 14.2.2020