Reminiscence and Tabletop Games takes place weekly in the Heritage Centre at The Angel in Brigg.
Booking is essential and you can contact Jo or Liz.
Contact Jo on 07717 588199.
Contact Liz on 07717 587591.
Date reviewed: 17.3.2020
Friendly local toddler group ran within the school hall at Bushfield Infant School.
Takes place every Wednesday, term-time only, from 9am to 11am.
Costs £1 per family.
Suitable for children aged 0 to 5 years.
Date reviewed: 20.11.2019
A session for parents and carers to seek advice and support, share ideas and build friendships within the community.
Delivered in partnership with Oasis Academy Henderson Avenue school.
Takes place every Wednesday, term-time only from 9am to 10am at Henderson Avenue Children’s Centre.
Date reviewed: 17.2.20
The Network Cafés are a new community-based initiative delivered by staff from the Adult Mental Health Social Work Team. The vision is to offer practical advice and information to people that have experienced mental health problems with support, specific to their social need.
Drop-in session is on Wednesday from 9am – 12noon at Baysgarth Leisure Centre on Brigg Road.
We can offer support and signposting relating to:
- Managing mental health
- Access to adult education or training
- Returning to work or managing mental health in the workplace.
The Network Café also be run educational sessions, which staff book people into via the drop-ins. The sessions running currently in all of the Network Cafes include:
- Living Mindfully – How to introduce Mindfulness to our everyday lives
- Managing Stress
- Money Matters – Setting budgets and sticking to them, managing domestic finances and debts effectively
- Motivate Me – A course about goal setting and maintaining motivation
Please note, we cannot help people complete benefits forms in their entirety, however if people are struggling due to literacy issues, or are in need of some “light touch” support or encouragement with this, we can offer some assistance. For detailed enquiries and support around benefit entitlement please contact the Jobcentre plus on 0844 474 5029
Date reviewed: 2.8.19
Westwoodside Tiny Tots Playgroup is a baby and toddler, non-profit, volunteer group run by local parents:
* The group is a great play and socialising opportunity for little ones, as well as a chance for parents and carers to meet new friends, share parenting tips and receive/provide support
* Each session includes snack time for the children, with plenty of toys and craft material to entertain them. There is also coffee, tea and biscuits for the adults.
* Sessions are 9:15am to 11:15am every Wednesday during term time . Sessions are sometimes held during the school holidays and this information will be updated on our Facebook page.
* Each session is £2 per child. Every additional child (12 months and over) is £1. Children 0-11 months are free with an accompanying paying child .
For more information you can contact Lisa via the Westwoodside Tiny Tots Playgroup Facebook page.
Date reviewed: 13.1.2020
Are you looking for work?
Action Station are offering employability support within the Community.
We offer a number of services to enhance your employment prospects and is available to anyone 16 and over.
- Writing a CV or updating your existing CV
- One to one support with job search
- Help with job applications
- Interview techniques
- Accessing training opportunities and education
- Voluntary work
The details of the session times are as follows:
- Every Monday at Crosby Community Association in Scunthorpe from 9am to 12 noon.
- Every Tuesday at Ashby Link in Scunthorpe from 9am to 1pm.
- Every Wednesday at Epworth Community Wellbeing Hub from 9.30am to 12.30pm.
- Every Thursday at Baysgarth Leisure Centre from 9am to 12 noon.
For more information or to book an appointment phone 01724 296969 or just come along.
Date reviewed: 17.2.20
Part of the Active Ageing programme.
Walking football is a variant of football that is aimed at keeping people aged over 50 involved with football if, due to a lack of mobility or for other reason, they are not able to play the traditional game.
The sport can be played both indoors and outdoors.
Date reviewed: 2.12.19
We offer a warm friendly environment where children can play in comfort and safety. We try our best to provide a learning environment.
We realise how important our group is as it’s the first step for children to learn from before they go into nursery and we hope parents/carers feel relaxed knowing we’re there to give help and support if and when needed.
Children are encouraged to sit at tables when its snack time. At the end of the session, children love helping to tidy away and join circle time of singing action songs.
We finish with small prayer then children collect a small bag of chocolate buttons.
Date reviewed: 27.11.19
Play session for babies & their parents/carers.
Support for your baby’s development.
The Health Team will be available on a regular basis for advice and information.
For more information, please contact your local Children’s Centre.
Date Reviewed: 14.2.20
Weekly drop in session for anyone who may be experiencing domestic abuse.
Date Reviewed: 14.2.20